How-to download video from YouTube.com (bookmarklet)
17.10.2006, , main
Downloading video from YouTube.com directly from your browser using simple bookmarklet. No installation required. Used daily by hundreds of users.
- Insert following link to your browser's toolbar/favorites (works in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer):
YouTube Video Download (best MP4 available)
You can insert it by choosing "Add to favorites/bookmarks" directly from the context menu over the link, or you can use drag and drop.
- Go to YouTube.com and select any video to download.
- Click on YouTube Video Download bookmark.
- Click "OK" to start downloading of selected video, best MP4 available version will be downloaded, don't forget to properly name downloaded video.
Click "Cancel" to cancel download request.
- Play downloaded video with for example Media Player Classic Home Cinema.
- That's it;-)
- 02/2012 - Updated.
- 08/2011 - Updated, downloaded video has correct name.
- 02/2011 - Updated, best available MP4 (h264) version will be downloaded (from HD to SD).
- 08/2010 - Updated, FLV support will be ended in future.
- 11/2009 - Updated, video download from Youtube.com works again.
- 10/2009 - Updated, Google video support ended.
- 6/2009 - Howto updated (IE8)
- 1/2009 - Guestbook added.
- 12/2008 - Now works fully in Firefox and Internet Explorer.